The¬†Progressive¬†Insurance Atlantic City Boat Show¬†¬†kicked off at the Atlantic City Convention Center Feb. 27 and will run through Sunday, March 3 with more than 500 boats for every budget and lifestyle, plus an array of hands-on activities.
Highlights off the show include:
- Super Thursday,¬†returns February 28 to offer attendees even deeper savings on the best in boating, plus $5 off after 5 p.m. on tickets, discounted parking, food & drink specials, and exclusive giveaways from concert tickets to hotel stays, restaurant certificates and much more courtesy of Meet AC! Click¬†HERE¬†to check out this year‚Äôs specials.
- Go Fishing Friday¬†is a¬†brand new fishing tournament where fishing fanatics can compete against each other at the new virtual reality fishing simulator starting at 5 p.m. on Friday, March 1. Watch fishing pros battle for the title of ‚ÄúBest Angler‚ÄĚ and visitors can register into the tournament for a chance to win a new YETI cooler. The event will also have a fish fry, fishing seminars and the show floor will feature an array of fishing boats and products. ¬†
- #ACBoatShow Scavenger Hunt¬†is the first-ever #ACBoatShow social media scavenger hunt, where giveaways ranging from new fishing rods and lures to boating gear and accessories will be hidden throughout the Show each weeknight from 5:00-8:00pm, with hints posted on Instagram¬†@acboatshow¬†each day. Be the first to find a prize, and win!
- Boating Career Day¬†will take place on Thursday, Feb. 28 inviting local New Jersey and Philadelphia high school, college and trade school students to participate in keynote and Q&A sessions with a diverse mix of leaders from the factory floor to the executive office discussing recreational boating career tracks, marine technology jobs, vessel operations at work, and how to get hired in the boating industry.
- Progressive Boat Club¬†is back this year offering attendees hands-on boating courses for all levels of experience from experts at Annapolis School of Seamanship. ¬†Visitors can also try Progressive’s Oculus Rift virtual reality experience, putting themselves at the helm of a virtual boat race.
- Family Fun¬†features includes the expanded¬†Touch-A-Boat Tour, offering little skippers the chance to earn prizes by exploring the Show floor. Other features include the¬†paddle sports pool,¬†¬†Kids Create-a-Boat¬†and¬†Sand Art with John Gowdy.
Learn more about the Show at¬†www.ACBoatShow.com.
Also this week, the¬†2019 Progressive¬ģ Insurance World Fishing & Outdoor Exposition, presented by Stihl, celebrates 42 years as the Northeast’s biggest fishing, hunting and travel event, and opens Feb. 28. Returning to Suffern, New York‚Äôs Rockland Community College, the annual show runs through Sunday, March 3. ¬†
The 2019 World Fishing & Outdoor Expo has more than 250 exhibitors confirmed, selling a range of products from the boating, kayak, fishing, hunting and travel industries. The show also features daily free seminars covering a variety of outdoor topics ‚Äď from saltwater and freshwater fishing to hunting big game ‚Äď led by nationally-recognized experts.
To aid in attracting a wider net of attendees and outdoor enthusiasts of all experience levels, show goers can enjoy a variety of features this year, including the fishing simulator, the Hawg Trough fishing tank featuring daily demos from renowned experts, Family Day (Sunday) featuring a host of giveaways and activities, and more.¬† ¬†
For more information and to exhibit in 2020, visit¬†http://www.sportshows.com/suffern/index.html.¬†