This year, the Alaska TourSaverâ€™s high-tech smartphone app allows visitors to trim the cost by picking just one part of the state and downloading the discount coupons.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (PRWEB) February 06, 2019
This year, more than two million people will visit Alaska. Known for its vast wilderness and high prices, visitors search high and low for the best deals to stretch their travel budget. For more than 20 years, the Alaska TourSaverÂ® published a book full of travel discounts: flightseeing, fishing, train trips, cruises and adventures. This year, the Alaska TourSaverâ€™s high-tech smartphone app allows visitors to trim the cost by picking just one part of the state and downloading the discount coupons.
The statewide option still is available, but some visitors only want to go on a cruise along the Inside Passage. Others just want to visit Anchorage, Denali and the Kenai Peninsula.
While the â€ślegacyâ€ť Alaska TourSaver book costs $99.95 plus $11 shipping (to U.S. addresses), the smartphone app costs $90 (no shipping charges). The Inside Passage app is $50 and features travel discounts in cruise ship ports: Ketchikan, Juneau, Wrangell, Sitka, Haines and Skagway. The Southcentral/Interior package has offers in Seward, Homer, Anchorage, Fairbanks, Denali and along the Alaska Railroad. The cost is $70.
If youâ€™re just going to Juneau, Alaskaâ€™s capital city, thereâ€™s a coupon package for $40 that includes whale watching, kayaking, zipline, beer tasting and accommodations.
The statewide package includes all the offers (more than 100), valued at more than $15,000. Over 20 years, visitors have identified the most popular Alaska TourSaver travel deals:
1. Ride on the Alaska Railroad between Anchorage and Seward, Talkeetna and Denali Park. (2-for-1)
2. Go flightseeing around Denali and land on a glacier with K2 Aviation ($76 off per person)
3. Cruise to Kenai Fjords National Park and see glaciers, whales and wildlife with Major Marine Tours ($50 off per person)
4. Go deep-sea fishing for salmon and halibut in Homer or Seward with Ninilchik Charters. (2-for-1)
5. Visit Kennicott Glacier Lodge, a wilderness lodge in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. (save $100)
6. Free accommodations for one night, when you purchase the first night at regular prices in Anchorage, Valdez, Juneau and Skagway.
7. Free rental car for one day when you purchase the first day at regular prices in Anchorage or Fairbanks (Avis).
8. Take a cruise on the Chena River with the Riverboat Discovery in Fairbanks (2-for-1).
9. Go flightseeing in Misty Fjords National Monument in Ketchikan with Taquan Air ($50 off per person)
10. Take a tram ride on the Mt. Roberts Tram in Juneau for a million-dollar view (2-for-1)
Itâ€™s free to download the Alaska TourSaver smartphone app. Travelers then can choose which region they want to visit and purchase the coupon package that works best. Visit the Alaska TourSaver App website.
Share article on social media or email: